MROP-Marine Radio Operators Permit

Many mariners operating inspected vessels or doing international voyages may be required to have a MROP


  • Legal resident of (or otherwise eligible for employment in) the United States
  • Able to receive and transmit spoken messages in English
  • Pass a written 24 question exam (a bank of questions supplied by the school)

Marine Radio Operator’s Permit is Required On:

  • All vessels with a length of 65 feet or more
  • All inspected vessels carrying passengers for hire
  • All vessels subject to the Radiotelephone Act
  • All towing vessels 26 feet and over

We are mentoring the modern mariner!